cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder action - Failed to locate folder 'xxxxx'

JiriHlucil
Level 4
Hi,

We can't get the Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder action to work on a shared mailbox. What do I mean by shared box? A group of folders associated with an email account.
If we create a folder as a subfolder of the Inbox folder under the user account, the action works for us. If we create a folder with the same name as a subfolder of the Inbox folder in a shared mailbox, an exception is generated "Failed to locate folder 'xxxxx'.
We are using the latest version of MS Outlook VBO from Digital Exchange.

I will be glad for any advice.
Jiri

------------------------------
Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

@JiriHlucil,

Here's what we've found so far. It seems to depend on how the shared mailbox and folder were added to the local Outlook instance. In my case, there were added directly in the Outlook client. If I open Outlook in the browser, the shared mailbox doesn't show up. In this situation, I actually have to turn Cached Exchange Mode off for that specific mailbox in my Outlook client. When I do that, the code works as expected and the subfolder can be found.

I imagine if the shared mailbox and it's subfolder are added to your account from the Exchange side, then Cached Exchange Mode should be able to be enabled and the code would work.

To be clear, you only need to turn it off for that specific shared mailbox entry in your Outlook client.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @JiriHlucil,

Just an FYI that we're looking into this.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@JiriHlucil,

Couple quick questions:

1. Is your Outlook instance configured to use Cached Exchange Mode?
  2. If it is, is the Download shared folders option checked?
21618.png
Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @EricWilson1,

the answer to both of your questions is yes.​ I have attached a PrintScreen that illustrates the Outlook client settings and the interaction settings on the Blue Prism side.
Jiri
21622.png

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague

@JiriHlucil,

Here's what we've found so far. It seems to depend on how the shared mailbox and folder were added to the local Outlook instance. In my case, there were added directly in the Outlook client. If I open Outlook in the browser, the shared mailbox doesn't show up. In this situation, I actually have to turn Cached Exchange Mode off for that specific mailbox in my Outlook client. When I do that, the code works as expected and the subfolder can be found.

I imagine if the shared mailbox and it's subfolder are added to your account from the Exchange side, then Cached Exchange Mode should be able to be enabled and the code would work.

To be clear, you only need to turn it off for that specific shared mailbox entry in your Outlook client.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric, just wanted to thank you for this. Got me out of a troubleshooting loop I've been in the last week.

Atli Harðarson

Thanks Eric,

One more insight i found was when the folder name is "01 - Processing" there is an error if the name is passed from the process. It needs to be sent as '01 - Processing'. This happens when there is a space in the folder names

Harikrishna Murali
Vice President
BNY Mellon
America/New_York

Thanks @HarikrishnaMura! That's good to know.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson