cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wishes for a more user friendly experience

EndreLunde
Level 3

I've used Blue Prism for nearly two years, and there are some features of the product that acts as a daily annoyance. Here's a list:

- Moving several objects at the same time: 

When selecting and dragging several object on a page, you'll have to be extremely careful not to end up dragging everything far out to the edges of the page. This makes it really difficult to design the entire page at once, and really should be fixed. I don't think there's ever a time you'll need to move everything at such a speed which it makes us do right now.

- Editing Choice-stages:

When editing choice stages, even if only opening the editor and pressing OK, it will allways mess up the gaps between the choices. Again, not a function I've ever found useful, so I don't think this is made purposely. Also, the choices are placed at random places which can't be accessed if we're moving the choices manually, so again, it's not useful. 

- Sizing and resizing the different windows:

If I open any window, like the "View Log", Application Modeller, Calculation editor, or similar, I never get all the details visible, and therefore have to resize it every time. This could be all the columns in the Logs window, or enough details in the calculation stage editor.

Also, if the program would have some form of logical resizing of e.g. Columns, so that when you increase the width of e.g. Application Modeller window, you don't just increase the width of the Values column under Attributes (which is already more than wide enough), but you get a wider colum for the Applications tree on the left side. 

The attributes described over are of course nitpicky, but the sum of such illogical and un-userfriendly funcitons really add up to a less enjoyable experience for us developers that use Blue Prism every day. For all I know there are fixes for these, so any tips would be greatly appreciated, but if my assuption is correct. these are just the small things that no one talks about and gets used to. If there aren't fixes I really hope you can fix this asap. 

(My version is 6.8.1 at the moment.)

------------------------------
Endre Lunde
2 REPLIES 2

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9

Hi Endre,

I think every developer faces these challenges while performing the development and thanks for raising it. I have found a small workaround for your point 1 (Moving several objects at the same time) which i generally use to fix this issue.

Whenever you have to move a set of stages to some other location, just click on zoom and reduce its zoom percentage to say 50% and then try moving as per your convenience. Once done, you can again set the zoom percentage to 100%. This trick always saves a lot of time for me while creating the design for the process.

Ritansh Jatwani
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)

Hi  @EndreLunde,

Thank you so much for this feedback. Have you considered entering these as ideas in our Ideas Portal? All enhancement requests submitted as ideas are routed through our internal review process and then formally responded to so that you can track where it is in the lifecycle/whether it has been selected to be implemented into the product. More information on ideas can be found at the top of this page

Thank you,

Melanie 

Melanie Giuliani
Online Community Manager
Blue Prism