cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the recommended Intel Core i7 laptops for running Blue Prism efficiently?

SaraMorris
Level 2

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently looking to upgrade my laptop for Blue Prism development and automation tasks. Since Blue Prism can be resource-intensive, I want to make sure I invest in a powerful laptop that can handle it efficiently. I've decided to go for an Intel Core i7 processor, but with so many options out there, I'd really appreciate your input.

If you have experience using Blue Prism on an Intel Core i7 laptop, or if you know about a specific model that works exceptionally well for this purpose, please share your recommendations and insights here. Let's help each other find the best options that strike a balance between performance and value.

Here are a few specific questions to get the discussion started:

Which Intel Core i7 laptop have you been using for Blue Prism, and how has your experience been so far?

Are there any particular laptop brands or manufacturers known for providing excellent performance with Blue Prism and Intel Core i7?

What are the essential specifications we should look for when choosing an Intel Core i7 laptop for Blue Prism?

Have you encountered any compatibility issues or challenges while using Blue Prism on certain Intel Core i7 laptop models?

Are there any budget-friendly options for those of us who want a reliable Intel Core i7 laptop without breaking the bank?

Feel free to share any additional tips, suggestions, or personal experiences related to Intel Core i7 laptops and Blue Prism. Let's create a comprehensive resource that will help others who are also on the lookout for a suitable laptop.

Looking forward to hearing your valuable recommendations and insights!

Best regards,

Sara Morris

------------------------------
Sara Morris
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Sara Morris,

My answer might be some what irrelevant  but the only recommendation I would suggest is go for 64 bits OS if you are using version 7+ or planning to go  version 7 in the future.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

ChrisIddon
Level 3

I work on a Dell 3561 which is i7-11850H, 16gb ram running win 11, makes lightwork of developing in Blue Prism. But working with a budget, its always a case of max out on high quality ram and the best processor you can afford.

Blue Prism isn't as demanding as expected according to the specs, what you find its the number of applications you are interacting with which cause sluggishness. Chrome is particular is known for its RAM hungry habits, for example.

Is this laptop going to be a bot at some stage, or purely for developing. Whilst that is perfectly fine, I tend to find developing on a machine that is similar spec to a production bot is the ideal environment, since you avoid (as best as we can) environmental differences when going to productions.

Which Intel Core i7 laptop have you been using for Blue Prism, and how has your experience been so far?
Dell 3561 - i7-11850

Are there any particular laptop brands or manufacturers known for providing excellent performance with Blue Prism and Intel Core i7?
Dell/HP/Microsoft

What are the essential specifications we should look for when choosing an Intel Core i7 laptop for Blue Prism?
latest generation of the i7 where possible

Have you encountered any compatibility issues or challenges while using Blue Prism on certain Intel Core i7 laptop models?
No

Are there any budget-friendly options for those of us who want a reliable Intel Core i7 laptop without breaking the bank?
Take a look at refurbished laptops by any of the big brands, save a good amount of money, retain a warranty and should last.

Chris Iddon