cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate stage object reference error

NickZejdlik
Level 4
I've run into this issue a few times now. Whenever I click an element within Internet Explorer after it has been launched via a Launch stage, subsequent navigation attempts fail with the error: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate' on page 'Test' - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I am attempting to build a process for a website that requires a login. The login page cannot be manipulated via the HTML spying in Application Modeler, so I am using surface automation instead which involves a global mouse click on the Internet Explorer window. After clicking the appropriate button to log in, any subsequent attempts to use a Navigate stage results in the object reference error above. Everything other than a Navigate command works fine; it is, for example, able to Terminate without an errors when it is in this state. I can perform any number of Navigate stages just fine, right up until the point that a global mouse click is used against the page. Has anyone else encountered this, or have any idea what would cause this behavior to happen?
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
Are you using Blue Prism 5?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like it could be Attach related - maybe the object is not attached to the exe instance that you think it is. Try manually logging in, then attach, then see if the navigate works as expected (which it should).