cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested queues and iterating over a list of items in a web page

JustinPiche
Level 2
I'm trying to work up a proof of concept for an automation that runs in a cloud application in the browser. Here's the scenario, we have a report that populates a queue of Supplier ID's, we have this working fine. From there we go to a Supplier information page which we can then search on individual suppliers based on the values in the queue to then navigate to a supplier profile. Within that supplier profile there is a Contact list in the web page that lists individual contacts. The idea is that we will click on each contact to navigate to the contact profile where we need to select a check box, save and close then move to the next contact. So we're iterating over the contact list for each supplier profile that we visit. I would describe this as a nested loop scenario where we have a large list of Suppliers and each Supplier has a list of Contacts. Here's our problem: We don't have the option to export or capture the contact list for the purpose of loading another Queue to drive the iteration over the contact list. The only option that I see is to iterate over each contact in the list on the page in the interface. Based on all my attempts to capture the content or a count of list items in the Contact list in the page, it's not clear to me if it's even possible. I've spied the list, as well as individual list items, both as HTML as well as AA, in an attempt to identify a count or list item id which would help me iterate and target individual list items in a looping scenario. Here's are my questions: Does this sound like a scenario that can be achieved using RPA? Am I thinking about and designing this the right way? Does anyone know of Blue Prism documentation that might describe techniques for capturing a list of items out of a web page where exporting is not an option? Does Blue Prism support using multiple queues in a nested scenario like this?  Your insight is appreciated. Thanks Justin
1 REPLY 1

JoshuaKingsley
Level 4
Hello Justin, I guess I have understood your scenario correctly.   With Supplier ID, yoully get a list of contacts. In each Contact, you'll do set of tasks.   Yes, you can do your way. If you are able to get the list of contacts in a collection; then each Contact can be searched in the application to do the check tasks; it is possible. 1st process would populate Suppliers ID queue. 2nd process would populate Contacts queue. 3rd process would work on Contact items.   From your statement, I can understand that you're able to iterate each Contact in your search list in webpage. Then you should also be able to read the contacts value, which has to be read in multi row collection and pushed to the Contacts queue.   You can go through Browser automation and AA document for spying related queries.   Regards.