cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Business Object Timeouts

AlexHowarth
Level 3
I'm using the ODBC business object to execute an SQL query, however I am experiencing a high number of timeouts. Some of the queries will take a while to execute. I've looked but cannot see a way to increase the timeouts (I think they're currently set to about 30 seconds). Does anybody know if/how it can be done? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

ChrisSneddon
Level 4
Hi Alex, Microsoft offer two solutions to extending the default ODBC timeout. One of them uses a timeout parameter that can be set when you open the connection to the database. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153756 for examples.

AlexHowarth
Level 3
Thanks Chris I've created a new page in the BO to set the timeout parameter and have had to add some global code to the BO as a result. As VB is not my strongest area, would it be possible to have one of you guys cast an eye over it for me?

ChrisSneddon
Level 4
Hi Alex, Email me your BO and I'll give it a quick sanity check. chris.sneddon@blueprism.com

AlexHowarth
Level 3
Thanks for your help Chris, managed to get it working in the end!

Hi Alex,Chris.

I am trying to use the blue prism object provided by blueprism team to integrate with Hadoop.
I am getting an error in the same are "ERROR [HYT00] [Cloudera][Hardy] (72) Query execution timeout expired."
I can use simple queries like "select * from tb1 limit 100",  but the moment I use a WHERE clause it just throws the above error.
I timed the same Query with WHERE clause on Hue platform and it does not take more than 60 seconds 
I tried commandtimeout the issue still seems to persist.
I tried with increment of  values upto 30 minutes at the end of which the query was still processing
@Chris Sneddon / @AlexHowarth can you help me out with the same.

------------------------------
Sohana Kamat
RPA Consultant
L&T Infotech
Asia/Kolkata
------------------------------