cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED listener issue

Hi all

I have a question on the oledb connection frmo blueprism to sql databases. MY understanding of this is that the oracle database access components should be installed on the machine and you shouldnt need to use a TNS-less connection string. I have 6 processes all running fine for a while using standard connection e.g. database name, provider, username and password. The databases have now moved to a new server but retained the database name but the processes no longer connect and throw a TNS no listener error.

I resolved this by stating the full TNS-less connection string and passing that in to the objects but im wondering why this suddenly stopped working. The previous database was 11g and is now 19c so i believe this is more secure so I would need to know what to do on my side to enable the connection again without the need of the full string.

Thanks

------------------------------
Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

@Michael ONeil,

I've looked through the Oracle 19c documentation a bit. From the examples it seems your original connection string should still work​. When the databases were updated did you also update the ODP.NET install on the runtime resource?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Michael ONeil,

So your original implementation was using a connection string like this:
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=MyOracleDB;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;​

And now you're having to use a connection string like this:
User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=db-server)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=sales.us.acme.com)))​

Is that correct?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric

Yes thats exactly right, this is working fine and I've used an env variable for the string to limit the amount of rework on processes. I would prefer to identify why the connection no longer works and fix that to prevent any failures on different processes if their databases are ever migrated to a new server.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

@Michael ONeil,

I've looked through the Oracle 19c documentation a bit. From the examples it seems your original connection string should still work​. When the databases were updated did you also update the ODP.NET install on the runtime resource?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric

- ODP.NET install on the runtime resource
I dont think this was done I know they were working previously but I think something within the ODAC is where the issue lies and you could be correct on this. I'll ask their support team if this was done.

Thanks for you help

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London