cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open WorkBook Issues - BP 6.4 Version

SidramappaHunas
Level 4
Hi Team,

When I open the excel file(only specific file has issues) with Open workbook action, its failed to open Internal exception -Invocation issues. 
When I open manually the excel file exception, file gets corrupted errors: we found some problem in content. 
I don't have formula/macros have 2K records with 5 Columns data. 

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Sidramappa Hunashyal
SA
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @SidramappaHunas,

If you can't open the file directly in Excel because it's corrupted that explains why Blue Prism can't open it.​ Are you asking if there's some way to fix the corruption? If so, check this article from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-a-corrupted-workbook-153a45f4-6cab-44b1-93ca-801ddcd4ea53

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks for replying, I can open the file manually with no issues but when I run the bot then it fails to open the file,  only one file has issues other files can open it. this is an error I see after opening excel manually, we found a problem with some of the content in excel

Sidramappa Hunashyal
SA
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Hello,

when you use a filter to filter the data that can also be a failure. When you save the file with a filter, the robot will be also crashes, i don't know why.
Also the Problems, when use the filter, and delete the filter, somewhere stood in the file that you had used the filter, so you cannot work with Blue Prism also to work with the file.

I hope that could help you.

Robert Roginer
RPA Modeller
Mainova
Europe/Berlin