cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Management release

Mahrous
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the pdf management release, and it is pretty simple.

When running the action extract all text for page to file, I get the error below:

Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems.

There are no errors, and it is not clear which stage is causing the problem.

Wondering if anyone can help.

Blue Prism version: 6.9.0

Khalid.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Mahrous - I've moved your question to our Digital Exchange forum as it appears to be about an asset you've downloaded from there (if not, let me know!). 

Are you still experiencing this issue, and have you explored any potential solutions since your post?

Mahrous
Level 2

Hi Michael,

I actually changed the VBO I am using to SabancıDx - Daily PDF Actions, to split the pdf, but still getting some errors.

When it comes to the stage to split the pdf, it always throws an error that the access to the file is denied, I spoke to IT support, and they told me that there are no errors with the permissions. I also tried different paths but still getting the same error.

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff

Hi @Mahrous,

Thank you for being an SS&C Blue Prism customer, and for using Blue Prism.

Firstly, PDF Management has a dependency on PDFSharp.dll, have you installed this dll dependency in your Blue Prism folder? If not, this could be your problem.

Secondly, it could be your actual pathname. The asset is written using C# and this language handles the '\' (backslash) character slightly differently. Could you check if your pathnames have \\ in them instead of single ones? The reason I say this is the backslash acts as what we call an escape character and what is needed is to escape the backslash itself. This is done by doubling up the backslash. So, for a pathname to work, it would need to look like this C:\\mydirectory\\myfilename.text.

Check out these two items and if you are still struggling come back to us here.

regards

Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply.

I am actually using  SabancıDx - Daily PDF Actions, instead of the PDF Management VBO. This is due to some changes in the requirements.

The issue I am facing now is that I am getting an error that access to the folder to save the files after the split is denied. I tried using double dashes as you suggested but unfortunately, I am still getting the same error.

Kind regards,

Khalid.

Hi @Mahrous ,

I think you probably need the support of the authors of the asset you are using to assist you further now. As the asset you are using isn't a Blue Prism provided asset I can't say what would or wouldn't work.

Hopefully someone from their support team will reach out to you.

regards

Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism