cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing ctrl and shift keys

gouthamedara
Level 4
Hi, I am sending CTRL, ALT and S keys to save a pdf document. But the BOT is stuck at that step and not moving forward. Only if I log into the virtual machine, it continues to work again. Is there a reason it is acting like this? We are following all infrastructure standards adhered to blue prism. Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue or knows a way to work past this. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sounds like you are using RDP, which is not a recommended access tool. The desktop is destroyed once you disconnect and this is why keystrokes, mouse clicks and screenshots mysteriously stop functioning until you reconnect, when the desktop is recreated. http://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-11/v6%20Data%20Sheet%20-%20Remote%20Access%20Tools.pdf

gouthamedara
Level 4
We are using Citrix Access. Passing CTRL S for saving and CTRL P for printing is working fine. Only when using ALT, CTRL, S we are having issues.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
OK then it must be down to a timing issue if other key combinations are working. Try using Global Send Key Events  - remember that GSKE is different from Send Keys in that you have to specify down and up strokes if you want to combine keys, eg ALT down, CTRL down, s, CTRL up, ALT up.

gouthamedara
Level 4
Yup. Tried that and it is working great. But have another issue that I need some help with. I have this pop up that appears while saving PDFs. For some reason the Process pauses there without response. Even the log is still for hours till I get into the VDI. Does this have something to do with the AA spying mode? I am passing the file name through the AA mode.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If he pop-up belongs to a different thread it could be that it is blocking the response the object is expecting. In recent versions of BP there is a 'max response time' setting we added to combat this problem - it basically forces an exception if the application does not respond within N seconds/minutes.

gouthamedara
Level 4
Thank you so much for the response.