cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practical implementation of Concurrent Sessions in Control Room

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi All,

I need help in understanding concurrent sessions on the same Machine/VM.

For instance I've a license that has the capability to have 10 concurrent sessions and unlimited number of run time resources. I've created 2 objects in Background mode with a single action in both of them. I now created two different processes with one Background object action called in each, when I tried running both the processes one is getting completed and another is getting terminated as shown in below screenshot.

35474.png
Though I've the lic capacity to have 10 concurrent Background sessions why is one process getting terminated.
Following screenshot shows my lic capacity:
35475.png

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @Babjee Vangipurapu 

Based on what you have described, running 2 background processes on a single Digital Worker (Runtime Resource) should work for you.

Things to try to identify the issue:

#1 For the Terminated Session, what does the Session Log say about why it was terminated?
This may give a clue to what the issue is.

#2 You will be able to run two instances (sessions) for the same process, can you run your working BG2_Process twice on the same Resource (Digital Worker)?
If not, see #1 for the error
If yes, then it sounds like your BG1_Process is the issue.

#3 Can you run your BG1_Process process on the Resource?
If yes, then try #4
If no, then it sounds like your BG1_Process is the issue.

#4 Can you run 2 instances (sessions) of your BG1_Process process on the Resource?
If not, then you’ve narrowed the issue down to something with the BG1_Process process.
If yes, then the only other thing is a conflict between your BG1_Process and BG2_Process

I hope this helps...

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

harish.m
Level 12

Hi  babjee vangipurapu,

Virtual machine which you are testing have two run time resources or 1 run times resource?

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi @Harish M ,

It has only 1 run time resource

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

harish.m
Level 12

Hi babjee vangipurapu

Is there any reference object  having exclusive mode( double check once whether all the reference object was also set as  back ground)

In order to run concurrent session on the same vm  you might need to have  run times resource running on different ports  some thing like / port  8182 and 8183 on the same virtual machine.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi @Harish M ,

There are no exclusive objects in the processes for sure both the processes use only Background Objects.35471.png
And I can see only one resource PC during the BOT run

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

esaugos
Level 6

Hi @Babjee Vangipurapu ,

Did you crosschecked the Run modes used in those objects? By default, it is exclusive as shown below.
For Background objects, you to have set the Run mode to Background.

35472.png

RPA Solution Architect

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi @esaugos ,

Yes, I have selected the object run mode as Background itself

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @Babjee Vangipurapu 

Based on what you have described, running 2 background processes on a single Digital Worker (Runtime Resource) should work for you.

Things to try to identify the issue:

#1 For the Terminated Session, what does the Session Log say about why it was terminated?
This may give a clue to what the issue is.

#2 You will be able to run two instances (sessions) for the same process, can you run your working BG2_Process twice on the same Resource (Digital Worker)?
If not, see #1 for the error
If yes, then it sounds like your BG1_Process is the issue.

#3 Can you run your BG1_Process process on the Resource?
If yes, then try #4
If no, then it sounds like your BG1_Process is the issue.

#4 Can you run 2 instances (sessions) of your BG1_Process process on the Resource?
If not, then you’ve narrowed the issue down to something with the BG1_Process process.
If yes, then the only other thing is a conflict between your BG1_Process and BG2_Process

I hope this helps...

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

harish.m
Level 12

HI Babjee,

Just curious what is the terminated session log indicating  when you are trying to run 2 processes concurrently in one VM ?