cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In highlight in region mode

charudattakulk1
Level 3
Hi there, I am working on PDF automation. I have created regions. But  while highlighting ,it is always showing different parts than actual. basically X and Y co-ordinates are automatically changing. can any one faced this issue?

------------------------------
charudatta kulkarni
6 REPLIES 6

david.l.morris
Level 14
I know this isn't the question you asked, but can I ask whether you're sure you need to use region mode to read from a PDF? There are other ways to read PDFs that are a lot more reliable and are less complex to use, such as using an API that is designed to read PDFs by OCR.

I have automated reading PDFs through the UI before and I know that it can work, but I found it to be just not worth it because of better alternatives to accomplish the same thing that requires no UI interaction.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

thanks for reply Dave. Issue was with resolution and Zooming. It is solved. Can you plesase tell me which API can I use to work on PDF? are they free?

charudatta kulkarni

Hello @charudatta kulkarni - please check the information mentioned in below link

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=511&MessageKey=c53927d1-b022-4dd1-b0b4-8d0f99130d27&CommunityKey=318951ad-ae66-4c81-9cf3-5df9bbc9c455

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

It depends on whether your PDFs are machine readable or not. Are they scanned images as if they were faxed or scanned in through a scanner? Or is it possible to open the PDF and select the text and copy it out? If it's possible to select the text with your mouse cursor and copy, then you have a lot more options.

If your PDFs are images, then I would say for the most part the options will not be free. Some Some examples here would be AWS Textract, Azure Forms Recognizer, and Vidado (for handwriting and unclear text).

If your PDFs are like a normal PDF where a Word doc was converted to a PDF or someone originally created a form as a PDF, then PDFSharp, iTextSharp, etc. are free options. There are some assets on the Digital Exchange, but I haven't looked at them in months, so I hesitate to suggest a specific one. At my organization, we use a combination of PDFSharp and some other utilities as needed.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

Thanks Neeraj

charudatta kulkarni

Thanks Dave