cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with HTML combo-box / exception throwing

ThomasWilliams
Level 3
Hi all, I currently have a ticket raised for this but wondering whether anyone else has experienced similar issues. We have a process that calls an object action. The object action then goes into a 'Navigate' stage which selects a value from a HTML Dropdown box. The value actually selects successfully but Blue Prism thinks for some reason that it has failed by throwing the exception "No child item exists with the specified text". The exception is thrown out of the navigate stage. It's worth nothing the website refreshes immediately after selecting a value in this drop down box, so I'm wondering that as part of the navigate stage, whether Blue Prism is performing some sort of post-condition check in the background to work out whether the item selection has worked successfully (but is then failing due to the website refreshing?). That's the one issue. The second issue is that the exception block/recover stage around the navigate stage in the object doesn't catch the exception at all - instead the exception is thrown straight back up to the process recover stage. Logs are enabled for all stages in the object and the logs indicate that the exception just completely ignores the recover in object level - it simply gets thrown a layer higher. The process is not in recovery mode prior to hitting the exception on the navigate stage. There are also no overlapping blocks. I've also deleted/recreated all blocks/recovers/resumes/navigates etc but this doesn't work either. Both of these issues occur in control room 99% of the time, with the intermittent case passing through the navigate stage without issue. In process studio, we can't replicate any of the two issues. Screenshot 1 shows the object with the problematic navigate stage - this is where the exception is occurring despite it working successfully. Screenshot 2 shows the process that is calling the action, and shows the recover that the exception is being directly thrown to. I've tried mapping the field in UIA/AA but those modes can't even successfully select an item at all. Anyone else had any quirky issues like this?
1 REPLY 1

StephenColeman
Level 4
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but is the logic on the retry the right way round?  Is it possibly re-throwing the exception on the first failure, rather than going around the retry loop?