Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Schedule

ManojSharma
Level 2

Hi Everyone,
I need some insight on Scheduler.

I have a process that runs for a duration of 2 hours. This duration is be controlled from outside using the Environment variable.

Once the total run time is reached for e.g. in this case 2 hours, the process will stop. What I am looking for is if there is any way by which I can schedule my process to run after 5 minutes once it is completed/stopped/Aborted because of any reason. Is there any parameter like Start After in Scheduler?

Is it fine if I run the process for a duration for 1 Hour 55 minutes and schedule the process every 2 Hours? There must be some better way which I am yet to figure out.

Any pointer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Manoj Sharma

------------------------------
Manoj Sharma
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
Hi Manoj,

In Scheduler there is option of adding multiple tasks to one scheduler. In case if you are using multiple processes and u want to run second process after particular time of completion of first process (i.e., can add multiple processes in multiple tasks) you can select Post Completion delay option after each task in scheduler. Refer screenshot.
28480.png
The process will run for every 2 hours, if the process which is running is already completed even 5 or 10 min before 2 hours, but not exceed 2 hours. 
Hope it helped, else let me know.

Regards,

Yeswa Vaibhav Alwar Nerella
Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
Hi Manoj,

In Scheduler there is option of adding multiple tasks to one scheduler. In case if you are using multiple processes and u want to run second process after particular time of completion of first process (i.e., can add multiple processes in multiple tasks) you can select Post Completion delay option after each task in scheduler. Refer screenshot.
28480.png
The process will run for every 2 hours, if the process which is running is already completed even 5 or 10 min before 2 hours, but not exceed 2 hours. 
Hope it helped, else let me know.

Regards,

Yeswa Vaibhav Alwar Nerella
Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Yeswa,

Thanks for the Response.
In my case , I have only one process which runs through out the day but in a Interval of 2 hours. If due to some reason process terminate/ends before 2 hours then it will wait till the next schedule run which will lead to ideal time for the process. Perhaps I can use your suggested method for Login agent with my process. Thanks..!

Br,
Manoj Sharma

Manoj Sharma