cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process is not picking up by the Scheduler

arghya.b
Level 5
All the process is not automatically picking up by the scheduler.But if trying to  run manually it is running with no error.
Can any one please help on that.

------------------------------
Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata
19 REPLIES 19

I Never experienced this issues from version 6.4.2 and Higher. ensure the resources reports to application server properly and increase the time of retry or duration between retries​.
Also check if the schedules are working after a service restart.

if none of the above works better reach out to BP Support 🙂

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

We we already have BP support ticket raised, but still no luck. Time of retry and duration between retries increased as per best practises suggested.

regards,
Marius

Marius Balukevicius
Platform Engineer
Danske Bank
Europe/London

​resources are reporting "not connected" to application servers. they are reporting connected to interactive client that is the reason why manual triggering works. However for scheduler to work resources should show "Yes-Connected" in Application server do a telnet from application server and see if runtime resources are reachable on port 8181 (if you have a different port configuration use that) Also try changing the mode of resource communication from
register and communicate using machine short name to register using machine short name and communicate using FQDN
you can find the setting in System>Settings

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

​Also try changing the mode of resource communication from
register and communicate using machine short name to register using machine short name and communicate using FQDN
you can find the setting in System>Settings
this helped me tackling machine offline issues in the past (is you infra hosted in cloud? its better to go with FQDN if you are in Azure or any other cloud)

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

@JerinJose But the Problem is some time the Scheduler is working after restarting the runtime server.If there is any connectivity problem then it should fail every time i think so .Please correct me if i am wrong.

Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

@Arghya Bhattacharyya I used to have this inconsistent behaviour ​on resource connectivity and it was resolved by changing to register using machine short name and communicate using FQDN you can also try that. if you are on lower version than 6.4.2 better get upgraded to 6.4.2 or 6.5.1

I had experienced this scheduler issues in 6.2 and 6.3 . 6.4.2 works without failure for me

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

sure, Thank you jerin i will check that.

Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Jerin,
Could you please help me to know what is significant to make following change:
"Also try changing the mode of resource communication from
you can find the setting in System>Settings"
As  mention above.
As our bots are facing termination :
a. Status of Terminated found. Terminating remaining sessions
b. Session creation failed on resource '<Resource Name>': Failed to create session on<Resource Name> - Failed to get effective run mode - Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion
c. Session creation failed on resource <Resource Name>: Failed to create session on <Resource Name> - ERROR : Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation

d.  threw an exception: No sessions were successfully created
e. Invalid Session State for session 591fdcae-f541-493f-a185-8bad0d05f10a : All
f. Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
g. A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)
h. threw an exception: Resource WINV5EA881 is offline - retried 10 times
Please let me know what steps should we take to resolve this kind of frequent issue and save a machine to terminate a process
Thanks
Jatin Kalra

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata
Jatin Kalra Manager Genpact Noida UP [Phone]

@JatinKalra
​a. Status of Terminated found. Terminating remaining sessions -solution uncheck fail fast on errors in schedule configuration
b. Session creation failed on resource '<Resource Name>': Failed to create session on<Resource Name> - Failed to get effective run mode - Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion -Solution-check if object references are correct on the process looks like some object references are missing hence failing to calculate effective runmode
c. Session creation failed on resource <Resource Name>: Failed to create session on <Resource Name> - ERROR : Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation
d. threw an exception: No sessions were successfully created
e. Invalid Session State for session 591fdcae-f541-493f-a185-8bad0d05f10a : All
f. Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
g. A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)
h. threw an exception: Resource WINV5EA881 is offline - retried 10 times
errors c-h seems to be related to network connectivity. check if there is any issue with DNS is your Runtime resources IPs Dynamic??​​

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi @JerinJose

Thanks for immediate reply.

a. Status of Terminated found. Terminating remaining sessions -solution uncheck fail fast on errors in schedule configuration
According to the statement we trying to stating that if one scheduler having multiple tasks to execute like Task1,2,3...... and if Task 2 get fails due to any error(consecutive 3 system exception, internal exception or might be connection lost) it will mark fail to other successor task also like task 3,4,..... 
if fail fast on errors check box is checked.
Make me correct but marking fail fast on errors check box is checked is consider as best practice? What's your take in it ?

b. Session creation failed on resource '<Resource Name>': Failed to create session on<Resource Name> - Failed to get effective run mode - Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion -Solution-check if object references are correct on the process looks like some object references are missing hence failing to calculate effective runmode

As per the above solution we are trying to state that some Object reference is missing from Process studio. It means Object studio Action is missing or it name get change.
But we are getting this error sometimes.

errors c-h seems to be related to network connectivity. check if there is any issue with DNS is your Runtime resources IPs Dynamic??​​
Requesting you could you please elaborate it more clearly that would help full to understand.

Thanks 
Jatin Kalra

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata
Jatin Kalra Manager Genpact Noida UP [Phone]