cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process with TOAD SQL search - what is the best automation approach

Aausstass
Level 2
Hi, 

I have loads of processes which interact with TOAD for Oracle to spool data and looking to design a bot  who would do the search instead.  Manual process has saved scripts, where variables are amended for searches, and SQL script is run, then details found are saved in required format.  I would appreciate your input on what would be the best approach for bot design - thanks!
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi

I have worked on several developments that use toad and usually I avoid automating the toad application completely and look to get the data direct from the database. This is straight forward and greatly improves the speed of collecting the data as well as the accuracy since you can amend each sql query in calculation stages and run each one sequentially and output into collections. It also means to dont have to develop the objects and application model to interact with toad, all you need is the database name, a username and password to set the connection string. 

Hope this helps 🙂

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi

I have worked on several developments that use toad and usually I avoid automating the toad application completely and look to get the data direct from the database. This is straight forward and greatly improves the speed of collecting the data as well as the accuracy since you can amend each sql query in calculation stages and run each one sequentially and output into collections. It also means to dont have to develop the objects and application model to interact with toad, all you need is the database name, a username and password to set the connection string. 

Hope this helps 🙂