cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Recovery logic!

Hello,

I was trying recover, resume scenarios and noticed Exception Details was still available post recovery mode.

What will happen if I rethrow exception after resume stage? Will it throw the original exception OR will it be empty? As Recover stage nullify the exception and exception should be dead post recover stage right. Is this the right understanding?

Because while doing this manually I can still see exception details available though is has been resumed.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

ShashiK_R
Level 4
Hi,

Between the resume and recover stage, if you are rethrowing exception, you will end up getting the same exception message which you have got in the first instance. Incase if you are trying to rethrow the exception after recovery stage, then your rethrow itself will give error.

Please note, the rethrow feature should be used only when you are in the recovery mode (between resume and recover stages), and not anywhere else in your logic!

Thanks,
Shashi K R

35042.png
That's correct but when I'm practically doing that I'm getting same error even after resume stage/recovery logic. While running rethrow is not giving any error instead it pops up the exception box. Attaching screenshot below. So this was the whole reason i raised this question here to clear doubt.