cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Get Exception Items not returning previous attempts

Miguel_JesusFer
Level 3
Hello, We have the following challenge: We need to report all the activity in the Queue with a process. When we get the items with exceptions from the queue we don't get the ones that have been completed in the second attempt. So, if I have a Queue configured with 2 attempts and the first one fails and the second completes, how do I get the reason or info on why the first time/attempt failed? If I do the Get Exception Items, that item is not returned, but it is returned if I do a Get Completed Items. Is there anyway to get both? Reading in the KT I see the attached question: someone needs to delete the exceptions attempts for a completed item, how is he going to have the exceptions for that same item if the Get Exception Items method is not returning anything at all? I think I am missing something here. Thanks, Miguel
3 REPLIES 3

RyanMutya
Level 3
Hello Miguel, correct me if i am wrong buy from what I remember, BP will only return the last current state of the work item so if that item is completed on the last retry, you wont be able get its it as an exception if you use get exception items.

Miguel_JesusFer
Level 3
Hello, Thanks, that is what I was thinking but it is odd that BP stated something different y that attached PDF I found in the KT area. (take a look at the PDF in my initial question). Thanks, Miguel

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try the Internal - Work Queues.Get Report Data action and use the 'Treat each item separately?' input.