cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid API website

Mohamad_747
Level 4

Hi ,

i have a little issue when i try to use this api PDF Text Extractor API Documentation (zhangyue9306) | RapidAPI

RapidAPI remove preview
PDF Text Extractor API Documentation (zhangyue9306) | RapidAPI
An api that helps you to extract all text in a PDF format file with ease
View this on RapidAPI >

in fact you can see here the information to connect on it : 

var client = new RestClient("https://pdf-text-extractor.p.rapidapi.com/extract_text");
var request = new RestRequest(Method.POST);
request.AddHeader("content-type", "multipart/form-data; boundary=---011000010111000001101001");
request.AddHeader("X-RapidAPI-Key", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
request.AddHeader("X-RapidAPI-Host", "pdf-text-extractor.p.rapidapi.com");
request.AddParameter("multipart/form-data; boundary=---011000010111000001101001", "-----011000010111000001101001\r
Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"file\"\r
\r
\r
-----011000010111000001101001--\r
\r
", ParameterType.RequestBody);
IRestResponse response = client.Execute(request)

so i put this value in blue prism
30820.pngInside my headers i have :
30821.png

Inside my request i put :

30822.png
the purpose is to add a pdf file from my pc and then get the text inside it.

PS : i tried to put the header content-type but it failed.
I tried also to put files as a parameters but it failed too...
I tried to put "multipart/form-data; boundary=---011000010111000001101001", "-----011000010111000001101001\r Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"[file]\"\r (file as input parameters) but same result nothing work...

Can someone help me please ? 🙂

------------------------------
Mohamad DAKKOURI

3 REPLIES 3

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi Mohamad,

This is an endpoint which requires multi-part form data. The native BP Web API Services feature does not allow you to specify such input. Please use the newest version of Utility HTTP VBO at https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---http. It contains a new action called "Request Multipart Action" specifically created to support this type of request. For detailed usage, please refer to the user guide.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Dear @Bruce Liu thank you for your answer.

I have installed the vbo

can you guid me please to put the elements ?

30810.png

for the headers i put it like this but its not working: 

30811.png

i putted content type as a third column in the header but same result its not working.

Any idea ?

Mohamad DAKKOURI

Hi Mohamad,

It is not always possible to troubleshoot an API endpoint from remotely. I would suggest you refer to the API documentation to see how you best can map the requirements to use Blue Prism. Sometimes it also helps to use another tool such as Postman to get it to work first.

There are quite a few posts on the use of multipart formdata on Blue Prism Community. It is a quite common problem many devs have faced. But different endpoints require very different parameters. I would also suggest you read those posts to get some general idea of how this type of request can be constructed. For example, one bit I did not get to see from your screenshots above is the part where you should define multipart formdata related info using the VBO. 

We are more than happy to work with you on this if your organisation has Knowledge Support hours to engage a Professional Services consultant from Blue Prism.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney