cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read the state of a Resource PC

ZdravkoBotushan
Level 4
Hi guys,

I noticed that the scheduler I've set up doesn't always log in the machines. How can I read the State of a Resource PC programmatically, so I know if the machine went into "Idle" or is still in "Logged Out" and can automate that.

E.g. Read state of machine 01. I get "Logged Out". I have code that runs the log in process again, if the state is logged out.

16812.png

------------------------------
Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia
13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

We did something like that for our "Launcher Robot". It tries to run a process on a resource, but if the resource does not "answer" correctly it check the error and send an email letting us know.

We use the "VBO AutomateC" to run the process and then check for the message that it throws. Then you can check the "reason" and decide what to do with that. There are two states that are easy to recognise, "BUSY"  or "Connection time out". The second one i think is what you are looking for.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for, and i wil give you more details.

Regards,

Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago

Dear Eric, could you please specify what events Blue Prism Resource PC Monitor monitors. If the specific resource is offline ?

Then I also did not understand from the user guide of this tool where it installs. On one of the resources of a given environment ?

Thank you for the reply.

Jiri

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague

@JiriHlucil,

Presently, the runtime monitor service is only checking to see if the configured resource PC are reachable/responsive on the network. In other words it's performing a ping of each configured runtime resource using the HTTP interface.

The service only needs to be installed on a single machine somewhere in your network and then configured with the IP/hostname of each runtime resource you want it to monitor.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hey Conrado, I am looking for same solution. could you please share details ?

Mahaboobsubani Shaik