cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting whilst in a shared application model object causes the application to be disconnected

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
Hi, When working within objects that share a parent application model, when I click the reset button, Blue Prism is disconnected from the target application. This does not occur when working in the parent object, nor when working in objects that do not share their application model. Is there any work around for this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, for the wider audience, the only time to ever use a shared application model is if you are interfacing with an application that does not allow you to attach (the hllapi interface of some mainframe applications are like that). That is the scenario the feature was created for, for all other applications seperate applicaiotn models should be used. This does sound like an issue worth raising with our product team, but theoretically it makes sense to me. When you click reset you disconnect and reinitiate any objects that you are using in that Process/Object - because with shared models you are using a seperate object for your Application Model it makes architectural sense for it to disconnect.

JoachimGeelen
Level 3
Is this feature mentioned in a guide somewhere? I would like to read more about this, but can't find information

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
There is an explanation in the product Help - navigate the Contents tree to Studio > Objects > Additional Stage Types > Object Information

Are you suggesting that when you have an application that is made of multiple components that you have separated out into different objects, that they would each have their own application model and then your process needs to be filled with attach/detach requests? I am working with a web application that I have split out into different objects (general, navigation, search, task completion, field updates etc) which makes use of a shared application model. When doing nearly anything in this application, an extremely long wait for an Ajax request is required, so within the general object there is a ""Wait for Ajax Completion"" action, which uses javascript injection to talk to the application and check for when the request is finished. As the different objects all share an application model, they can all call this wait for completion action in the parent object, with the high level calling process being insulated from this. To the issue at hand, yes this is with a TN3270 mainframe terminal emulator. If Blue Prism is going to disconnect then that's fine, but it needs to call DisconnectPS via hllapi when doing so, so that I can reattach without having to restart the terminal emulator.

Denis, This wasn't how Shared Application Modeller was sold in the Version 5 feature summary (https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Ver…) Can you please elaborate? Tom