cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource pool not working

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
I have created a resource pool consisting of 2 resources. However, when start a process (drag-and-drop) and then try to start another simultaneously I get the following error: "Pool1 is too busy to run that process" If I remove both resources from the pool and try to run processes on them simultaneously, everything works fine. Also, I have tried to run processes on the pool simultaneously with the scheduler which results in the same error. I have also tried to add a third resource to the pool which didn't help. Deleting and recreating the pool didn't help either. I have searched the logs of the resources and the application server thoroughly, but anything related to the error is no where to be found in the logs. When adding resources to a pool, I notice from the log that when I add resource 1 to the pool it is assigned 'Controller' of the pool, and resource 2 is assigned 'Member of the pool'. It is the same resource that has the star in front of its status in the screenshot. Every time I drag a process to the pool, the process is always allocated to the 'Controller' of the pool. Maybe there is some kind of bug which causes Blue Prism to always allocate processes to the 'Controller' of the pool, and if the 'Controller' is already running a process it will throw the 'too busy' error even though there are idle and available resources in the pool? Any other ideas? Cheers, Christian
6 REPLIES 6

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
Has anyone had success using resource pools?

david.l.morris
Level 14
I tested this a bit and I found inconsistent results. When I first created the pool, added resources to it, and then tried to run processes on the pool, it first gave me the same error you described. I was able to reproduce the error without actually running anything. I just created pending sessions, which is affects license consumption as well as is affected by the mode of the session (background/foreground/exclusive). So, as I said, at first it gave me the same error. I could add the first session which would go on the Controller resource, and then after that it would tell me '...too busy...' I decided to keep trying it because that's pretty weird. I wasn't even adding them at the exact same time and it was giving me the error. After a minute or so of trying, it started letting me add both sessions without any error. It would first put a session on the Controller and then on the other resource(s) after that. The even weirder thing is that if I tried to add a 3rd exclusive session on a pool with only 2 resources, it would not give me an error; it would just not add the third session. Try allowing some amount of time after creating the resource pool and adding resources before you start sessions and see if you still get the error. I know that may not solve everything, but it seemed to work for me, if temporarily. I'm also confounded by this.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
@david Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried waiting after creating the pool, but without luck. I have also tried restarting the Blue Prism Server service on the application server after pool creation. Since patience worked for you, I'm going to give it another shot.

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
I waited over night, but it did not do the trick.

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
@david Are you able to find anything related to the  '...too busy...' error in the application server/runtime resource logs?

david.l.morris
Level 14
I checked both the runtime resource and the app server logs, but there's nothing there. But then again I didn't actually run anything. I only used pending sessions to reproduce the error.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA