cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot account

DavidRubiano
Level 5
Hi,

Is it possible to use several Robot users accounts to 1 machine? I'm wondering if this could be used instead of creating a separate machine for each user. Then you could install all the underlying application without thinking about accesses, instead only think about the users access.
The issue I see here is to configure this in Control Room. 

Any ideas?

------------------------------
David
3 REPLIES 3

JefersonRomão
Level 3
Hello Mr. Rubiano

I'm not shure if is it possible to work whith several boots whitout separete machine. I don't know if is necessary to check de license or something like that, and also I need to solve the same issue that you.

If you have any news, please let me know.

Sincereoy

Jeferson Romão
Desenvolvedor
Lyo Solutions

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

I think the Login processes provided by Blue Prism during installation (or download from portal) do expect one robot user for one runtime resource. 
We amended those processes to freely switch between users and runtime resources and are now using various users on the same machine as well as the same user on different machines.

Our Login process accepts the userid as parameter (which is used to get the credentials and password). Since processes are sent to resources, it is clear which robot should be used on which machine at a specific time. 

One way or the other, the robot user has to have permissions in target applications. We try to avoid installing everything on all machines to not always have processes running in the background and during login process (since we do login several times a day).

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

DaveMorris
Level 14
We do the same as @Walter Koller indicates he does. We created a new Login process (effectively just editing the old one but we also still use the old one) that takes the User ID as an input parameter. That startup parameter is what you'd use when setting up different schedules so that you could have Robot1 log in at 8 a.m. and Robot2 log in at 10 a.m. on the same machine. If you do it like that though, you'll probably want to make sure that the Logout process is run regardless of a completion or termination of the session that runs. Otherwise, you may find a process trying to run at 10 a.m. under Robot1.​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA