cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Process from CMD

DACADBSA
Level 3

Hello,

We are looking at making our bots more efficient in terms of running process and not having down time on some bots.

Our biggest blocker is that we use an AD account per process.  This limits us in terms of orchestration as the bots need to log out of one AD account and then log into another AD account to run the relevant process. This is to avoid super user accounts. By logging out, the connection is lost.  This means usual Orchestrator isn't viable.

The most promising method so far would be to have a "controller" bot that would start processes on different bots through the /run CMD function.  After doing some testing, this works when running a process on the resource that is passing the command.  This then fails when trying to specify a different resource.

For example,

Resource GBAZBSPVW04 runs the /run command with the resource input as GBAZBSPVW04.  This then starts the selected process as expected.

28194.png
When the /resource input is changed to GBAZBSPVW05 and ran from '04, the following message appears.
28195.png
From documentation on this topic and the information in the response from CMD, it looks like it should be possible.  Is it a connection setting that needs to be enabled for resources to be able to run processes from each other? If so, would this be a change made on Blue Prisms side or by our infrastructure team?

Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

------------------------------
Daniel Caddick
4 REPLIES 4

SegisPareja1
Level 3

Hi Segis,

Thanks for the reply. 

I have tried this in the past and had the same issue.  I have just tried again and using the local resource has no issues.  If I try to connect to a different resource, I hit a page cannot be displayed message.  This further points to the resources not being able to communicate with each other.

Thanks

Daniel Caddick

SegisPareja1
Level 3

Hi Daniel,

Did you change the default port? In our case we changed it and we had to open it in our firewall.

It seems you have the same problem in both cases.

Best Regards.

Segis Pareja

No we haven't changed the port.  I'll look into the firewall settings.  Thanks for the help.

Daniel Caddick