cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a process on a remote server from another remote server via RDP

MaximilianoChal
Level 3
Hello,

I'm running a process on a remote server computer (svr2) from another remote server computer (svr1) and these are the steps I'm performing so far:

1) From my local machine, I connect to svr1 via RDP.
2) I open Blue Prism on svr1.
3) Now being on svr1 I open a RDP connection to connect to svr2.
4) I log in with the corresponding credentials on svr2 and then I minimize this RDP connection.
5) I see on svr1 where I have Blue Prism open (on Control Room) that svr2's state is "Idle".
6) I wait for some time and then I drag the process to run on svr2 and let it start.
7) I open the RDP window to watch the process on svr2.

The process starts correctly but then somehow fails, now it's not finding the elements and also it's not maximizing the windows (it performs actions with Internet Explorer 11). At the end, its status is "Completed" but with a System Exception. Other times, the final status is "Warning".

Do I interfere with the process if I open the RDP window as I watch how it is performing the tasks? (without touching anything on my local machine)
Do I need to maximize the RDP window in order to make it work successfully? What if I minimize it and re-activate it multiple times as I'm doing other stuff on my local machine?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Maximiliano Chalub
Automation Developer
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Maximiliano Chalub Automation Developer Buenos Aires, Argentina
10 REPLIES 10

I know that our developers have had problems when downloading PDF files with the flashing in IE can sometimes confuse BP. From what I know we added retry logic to handle it.

Pritam Poojari
Solution Architect
Capgemini
Europe/London