cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running as other user

WitoldKochman
Level 2
Hello, Can you advise me how to launch an application as another user using BluePrism? I heard about "runas" parameter but I don't know how to pass that parameter with user name to Application Modeller. Is that possible? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you use the navigate stage to launch an application you can override the settings in Application Modeller with inputs.

AlexanderBopp
Level 4
I wrote a VBS script to start an app with different user, however i am still struggling to attach to the application afterwards: set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject(""WScript.Shell"") WshShell.Run ""RUNAS /noprofile /user:DOMANI\username "" & chr(34) & ""C:\Users\Public\#####.exe"" & "" >NUL"", 2, false WScript.Sleep 300 WshShell.Sendkeys ""users password"" WScript.Sleep 300 WshShell.SendKeys ""{ENTER}"" set WshShell = nothing I can invoke the VBS (or batch file) via Blue Prism, however attaching to it is failing. I guess because the process runs under a different username? specifying the username in the ""Attach"" stage did not help. Glad for any support