cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime resource (using ports)

ChaithanyaKumar
Level 3
I have created runtime resources using different port nos in the same instance of Blueprism. Can I implement multibot architecture ??? 
If not what is the use of creating multiple runtime resources using port nos in the same instance of Blueprism ???
1 REPLY 1

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff
An instance of a Runtime Resource can run only a single Process. However, multiple Processes can be run on the same machine by running multiple instances of a Runtime Resource and assigning a single Process to each instance, up to the limits allowed by the number of concurrent sessions for the installed license.

The purpose of changing port numbers and having multiple resources on a single machine is typically to save on infrastructure costs of spinning up multiple VMs/machines. While you may be able to implement multi-bot architecture in this manner, it would still be bound by the number of allowed concurrent sessions of your license. 

The Knowledge Base article, "Can I run multiple Processes in parallel on one Runtime Resource?", contains several considerations related to this topic which may help with your question here.