cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Question

RobertGrubich
Level 2
Hello, 

I am quite new to Blue Prism. I did do the training provided, so I have made some progress on my bot but have seem to hit a road block I cant seem to figure out. 

I used previously created action objects to open, log in, and execute my transaction required in SAP from one model. However, the transaction I am using does not have any other available steps, so I am required to build the navigation on my own. I have attempted to model this, but every time, BP tells me SAP is not launched even though it is, and thus I can't get BP to take the next steps I need to navigate the menu. I have not attempted to add on to the model I previously used, since this is a company community item that I am hesitant to change. 

My question is - do all objects needed in bot need to be in the same application modeler? I essentially have tried to piece mail this together, but have been stuck for some time now. If they do not, any ideas why BP wont read the fact that the SAP window is open and active?

Thanks.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
If SAP is opened, and you're using say an Object that wasn't the original object that was used to Launch SAP (or maybe SAP was launched completely outside of the Object), you'll need to explicitly attach to the SAP application first before you can interact with the elements that you've spied.

Let's say you have Object X and Y.  Object X has actions Launch SAP, X1 and X2.  Object Y has Y1 and Y2. 
Once Object X has Launched SAP, you're free to use actions X1 and X2 whenever, as Launching an application also "attaches" that object to the application.
However, Object Y hasn't attached to SAP yet. So if you try to use action Y1 before attaching, you'll get error messages.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
If SAP is opened, and you're using say an Object that wasn't the original object that was used to Launch SAP (or maybe SAP was launched completely outside of the Object), you'll need to explicitly attach to the SAP application first before you can interact with the elements that you've spied.

Let's say you have Object X and Y.  Object X has actions Launch SAP, X1 and X2.  Object Y has Y1 and Y2. 
Once Object X has Launched SAP, you're free to use actions X1 and X2 whenever, as Launching an application also "attaches" that object to the application.
However, Object Y hasn't attached to SAP yet. So if you try to use action Y1 before attaching, you'll get error messages.