cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server queries

PawełMiżwa
Level 3
Hi All, I have few questions according to data stored in SQL base - as for now I do not have access to extract information, but it will change soon. Meanwhile, few questions to this base: 1) Can I extract whole Data inputted to queue ? 2) Can I see variables in specific moment/time ? 3) Is there chance to see end time of specific page/object ?   Regards, Pawel
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
1) You can't see the data item contents from control room - this is intentional. You can use the Get Next Item or Get Data function in a process however. 2) If a data item is exposed as a Session Variable, then you can see/edit the value from control room while the process is running. 3) If the End stage of the page is logged then there will be a timestamp in the session logs.

PawełMiżwa
Level 3
I have asked for SQL, answers do not represent the topic.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
We don't recommend querying the DB directly for a number of reasons, but mainly because of the risk of affecting the whole environment. But for 1 the table to look at is BPAWorkQueueItem and for 2 and 3 it would be BPASessionLog. But be warned - these tables are usually the largest in a BP DB and expensive queries could have a negative impact.

DamianMastalerz
Level 3
Hey John, We would like to query the DB, too. Now I am unsure since you do not recommend it. Do you have any formal manuals? Are all/some negative aspects/impacts listed in manuals or somewhere else? Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Damian - no there are no formal documents and for specific advice I'd recommend contacting the technical support team.