cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an Imported Process

Stephen.Jones
Level 5
Hello,

we have recently acquired a company and I am in the process of importing their existing processes into my environment.

When I try to save the process after an amendment, the following error is shown

This process cannot be saved because you do not have permission to execute all linked processes or business objects. Please either remove the affected links or contact your administrator to obtain permission.

The resolution for this is as follows

How to resolve this issue

Contact your system administrator and request the necessary permissions required to save Business Objects in your environment.

I am the administrator in Blue Prism, where in the application are these permissions set ? When I have looked at my user role, all tick boxes are ticked etc 

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Stephen.Jones,

Go into Credential Manager (System -> Security -> Credentials) and look at the properties of that specific credential. You should see tabs related to role and ​resource access. My guess is your role is not enabled for that credential. The easy solution is to just check All, but that depends on your internal security best practices.

Cheers,
Eric

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Stephen.Jones,

What versions of Blue Prism are in play here (yours and that of the company you purchased)? Is Credential Manager being used by any of the processes/objects to your knowledge?

Cheers,
Eric​

Stephen.Jones
Level 5
Versions are as follows

Import Version 6.4.0.8445

My Version 6.4.3.13244

The one I'm trying to save is using Credentials

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Stephen.Jones,

Go into Credential Manager (System -> Security -> Credentials) and look at the properties of that specific credential. You should see tabs related to role and ​resource access. My guess is your role is not enabled for that credential. The easy solution is to just check All, but that depends on your internal security best practices.

Cheers,
Eric