cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling is not working

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi All,
I have scheduled a process but it is not running. as there is no entry in process log in Audit.
Request you to please suggest if anything is missing here. Thank you!!

26551.png

------------------------------
Ritesh Handa
Consultant
Sandvik
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Is your BP Server running? Is scheduler enabled for your BP Server? Just check recent activity for the reason of failure if your BP Server is configured and running correctly.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

BenKirimlidis
Level 7

Hi,

This is set to run every hour from 0:00:00 to 23:59:59​ starting on 17/09/2019 only during days in the 'Working Week / No Holidays' calendar until it expires on 01/10/2019 at 23:00:00.  Assuming this I what you want, then this is set up correctly.

Getting the scheduler to work consistently is a pain.  Sometimes it will just stop working or take anywhere from 3 minutes to several hours for a scheduled process to start.  The most common responses on the forum when this happens is:

1) Are you sure schedules are enabled (they always are, if you can run any schedules at all then you know you are OK for this)
2) Is this happening on every Run Time Resource (RTR) PC or just one or two?  Test the schedule on other machines just in case.
3) What version of Blue Prism are you using, the patch notes for each new version usually has a few bug fixes for things but this has been a persistent reoccurring issues since BP ver 5.  So if you are running an older version you may be told to consider upgrading, this is not strictly necessary though because of (4)
4) Hopefully someone will figure out the reason why this happens, I haven't if any one knows let me.  The solution we have to just to restart the application server every few weeks and it usually does the trick.  It's annoying, and a hassle if your IT department makes you jump through hoops.  But this is the most effective solution I have come up with.

Ben Kirimlidis
RPA Developer and Data Analyst
PTSB
Europe/London