cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for Files that have an unknown timestamp using wildcard function?

DeclanKeeton
Level 3
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to use wildcards within a filepath search. For example as part of a 'Open File' action in the filepath name. Detail Below; We're currently having some difficulty with an excel file. For a process we populate our queue using a document that is provided to us by our MI team daily.   The file sits within the same folder and always follows the same format, however due to a timestamp we are unable to create any logic to get the name as the report isn't always done at the same time. FilePath; \\u-dom1.u-ssi.net\DFSRoot05539\TEAM\Customer_Service\Process_Automation\01 Delivery\Daily Task Extracts\Test Queue\MI Data\task_data_20180320032255_D1 We are able to use calculation stages to create the date aspect however we are unable to accurately guess the timestamp.   Currently we use the following method; Data Item with initial value of;  \\u-dom1.u-ssi.net\DFSRoot05539\TEAM\Customer_Service\Process_Automation\01 Delivery\Daily Task Extracts\Test Queue\MI Data\task_data_ Multicalculation that will; Get Today's Date. Format Date. Remove Strokes.   This then takes us a file path of; \\u-dom1.u-ssi.net\DFSRoot05539\TEAM\Customer_Service\Process_Automation\01 Delivery\Daily Task Extracts\Test Queue\MI Data\task_data_20180320   Can we utlise a wildcard method to say the file path is \\u-dom1.u-ssi.net\DFSRoot05539\TEAM\Customer_Service\Process_Automation\01 Delivery\Daily Task Extracts\Test Queue\MI Data\task_data_20180320 &"******" & "_D1"   If this is unclear then apologies.   My question is ultimately summarised in   'Can I use wildcards within a filepath search?'  
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Can you not just use the Get Files action of the file utility object, with the Folder input as \\u-dom1...etc ...\MI Data\ and task_data_*.xlsx as the File Pattern input?

DeclanKeeton
Level 3
Hi John,   That's exactly what I went for actually, can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.  Pulled all the files back and then I was able to loop through the resultant collection looking for today's date. This then feeds into a separate process that will open the data and do the next stages of the process.   Thank you very much!