cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cannot start - Server unavailable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to install BP 6 with a service for the Application Server. However, I have configured the database connection which works successfully when I connect through BluePrism. I also have the Default service configured which starts in the BPService application. When I try to start it as a windows service, it starts and stops immediately. In the event viewer the following error is present: An error occurred while trying to start the server:  BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Server is unavailable    at BPServer.clsBPServer.Start(ServerConfig cfg)    at BPServer.ServerService.DoStart(String[] args)    at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args) Am I missing something? I couldn't find information about this error (without any other information).
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check which user account the service is running under, and whether that account can access to the DB. If server runs OK via the BPServer.exe tool but not as a Windows service, then it's usually the service account.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that is indeed the problem. It works perfectly fine on another machine. Still I don't know how to resolve the issue on my own laptop. It is running als Local System where I have Administer rights. Any suggestion? I tried googling but I get more results on how NOT to run with Admin rights.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like your Local System account is unable to authenticate with SQL Server, whereas the account the other machine is using does have permission. Either create a new 'service account' that has permission to access the DB and run the service under that, or assign permission (in SQL Server) to your local account.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks John. I haven't found the issue, but not actively looking for it either. My account is DBO so I don't see exactly where it is going wrong, but I'm happy it works on the other machine. A developer who is happy with ""works on their machine!

TathagataPachal
Level 3
Hi,   Scheduler is not working as expected when the process is scheduled from Control. On checking BP Server Service is not running at services.msc and I am unable to start BP Server service. I have tried configuring the server service via default connection and providing the key (same as maintained in Encryption scheme of Blue Prism portal). Event viewer has below logs. An error occurred while trying to start the server:  BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Server is unavailable    at BPServer.clsBPServer.Start(ServerConfig cfg)    at BPServer.ServerService.DoStart(String[] args)    at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args)   Please let me know what all things are required to start the BP Service to schedule the tasks.