cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set-up App Server - windows services issue

StephanieStrydo
Level 5
Hi, busy setting up a new app server (for dev). The service runs in BPServer.exe , but when started in Windows Services, it stops immediately, with the below errors in Event Viewer. I am using: WCF with SOAP Message Encryption and Windows Authentication. And using "Default" with the "Default Encryption Scheme". I have a valid license loaded. Any idea why Windows Service does not want to start?

Warning:
BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.BaseConfig
Failed to open "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\User.config" for reading - tried 5 time(s) 

// No such file exists in that location 

Error:
BPServer.ServerService
An error occurred while trying to start the server
BluePrism.Server.Domain.Models.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Unable to determine whether database exists - Login failed for user 'IB\PVBJHBVMRPAAPP1$'.
at BPServer.clsBPServer.Start(ServerConfig cfg)
at BPServer.ServerService.b(String[] args)
at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args)

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @StephanieStrydo

The error that you give bellow ​informs you of an error with the database user. Can you check if is correctly configure the database first?

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

Sharath_KumarPe
Level 4
Hi @Stephanie Strydom,

We are also acing the same issue. Were you able to resolve this issue ?

StephanieStrydo
Level 5
Hi Sharath,
Can't recall what exactly solved this issue, but I have set-up my three environments now and its actually straight forward, check the following: 
1) That you have a service account (or account that you will be using to run the service and connect to DB). 
2) That you are logged into the box with that service account during set-up.
3) During the database set-up select: SQL Server (Windows Authentication) - then the logged in account will be used to authenticate the connection to the database. 
4) Also make sure that the same service account has been provisioned with the access to the DB. It may require temp elevated access to 'drop' the DB. 
5) Then later on when you set-up the Blue Prism Service - and you need to start running the service (Computer Manager -> Services -> Blue Prism Server), under the Logon tab - ensure that the same service account is used and input its credentials. After that I didn't need to login to the app server's box again with the service account - I could use an admin account (in my organization the service account only gets temp login to VMs). 

Also worth mentioning: When you want to connect from interactive client or runtime resource to the the app server - you may need to request the SPN to be set - the AD Team assisted me with this. This is the cmd: setspn -S HTTP/ServerAndDomain:8199/bpserver domain\TheServiceAcc (this is also mentioned in the Blue Prism set-up steps).