cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Data Gateway to work over HTTPS with Splunk HEC configuration

JamieShultz
Level 3

I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any success with setting up the 6.5.0 Data Gateway to send log to Splunk via an HTTPS HEC configuration? I have got it to work successfully with no issues over an HTTP Splunk HEC URL but not over an HTTPS Splunk HEC URL. I have been working with my internal Splunk team and Blue Prism support for over 2+ weeks now on this issue and no solution has been presented yet. The only good thing at this point is Blue Prism support was able to replicate the same issue that I am having on their side over HTTPS so hopefully that will help them with troubleshooting the issue.

If you have got HTTPS working with the Data Gateway please comment back because I would love to reach out to you and see what we are missing or doing wrong since no one else has been able to figure this issue out yet.

------------------------------
Jamie Shultz
Sr. Technical Architect
Ameren
America/Chicago
5 REPLIES 5

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,
have you already read this?:
http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1357434942

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Tetsuji,

Thank you for your response but I click on the link you provided and it just takes me to the main support portal on Blue Prism were you can search for key troubleshooting ideas. Is there a different link that you could provide me for the information you are trying to share to me or can you copy the details from what you found and place it into this thread?

Thanks again,
Jamie Shultz​

Jamie Shultz
Sr. Technical Architect
Ameren
America/Chicago

Tetsuji's link works for me. It brings me to the support article entitled '​How do I set up Data Gateways Splunk output using HTTPS?'. It should at least come up for you if you search for that.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi,

Sometimes, the Support Center doesn't work correctly.
In that case, you need to delete the cache/cookies of the browser you are using.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

​Thank you both David and Tetsuji. I was able to search for "How do I set up Data Gateways Splunk output using HTTPS" and saw this knowledge base article. We have already completed these steps that are listed but still having issues. We were able to get the Data Gateway service to a running status but on and off the logs just stop sending to Splunk and I have to manually stop and start the service to get the logs sending again. Either way we are looking into other options with getting our logs over to Splunk with the Data Gateway File creation method.

Thanks again for everyone's responses back I really applicate it.
Jamie

Jamie Shultz
Sr. Technical Architect
Ameren
America/Chicago