cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Copies of BP Utilities

AlexandrePradie
Level 2
Hi, I got a problem in my Studio environment, i got several objects BP Utilities in 2 copies in 2 different folders. The problem is that i can't delete just 1 copy. It deletes the 2 of them. I tried to right click and press delete, and also to move the objects in the retired objects (System\Objects\Management). None of this works. Anyone has experienced it before? Any solution?   Thanks in advance, Ales Pradier 
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Alex - that sounds really strange and if you can reproduce the effect it is worth raising a ticket with the support team. If you move the objects out of their groups, see if there is any difference.

Walter.Koller
Level 11
I expirenced the same behavior in v6 onwards (currently we are at 6.4). The situation occurs when there is an object (let's say MyVBO) in some folder (let's say TeamA). When the same object is imported again with different destination folder (let's say TeamB), there will be conflict resolution window shown. Here select 'overwrite' and continue import. As result, there will be two objects: TeamA\MyVBO TeamB\MyVBO They dont seem to be related at first hand but deleting one also deletes the other. The only option is to 'remove from group' that keeps the other instance of the object.   This is really a big issue we are facing as it overcomes modification restrictions in multi-team environment. TeamA might not have any rights in TeamB but it will still be possible to import the object in own folder and overwriting the content of TeamB object, and further delete both instances of this object. In our environments, objects might be developed from one team and then shared with other teams, which is very dangerous with the current way import conflicts are resolved.