cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading DLL files from PATH does not seem to work

JukkaSalovaara
Level 3
Hi, In most forum posts, it seems the people typically move their external DLL files into the folder "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate". However, according to Knowledge Base articles* this should not be a requirement -- it should be enough to put the DLL into a folder that's in %PATH%. However, I'm still getting error, although I have added the correct folder to %PATH%. Also, Blue Prism has been restarted. In this case, I'm trying to automate WinSCP (since it seems very convenient to use a code stage for that application). The error message is: "CODE: 'Code1' Process: 'SFTP-WinSCP' Subsheet: 'Upload files' ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'WinSCPnet, Version=1.5.7.9343, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2271ec4a3c56d0bf' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Could anyone perhaps point out any missing prerequisites? These is what I have already considered: -I know the DLL is compatible with Blue Prism, since it works perfectly when it's in the Automate folder -The full path to the DLL is added to the object properties (and it doesn't even contain spaces or anything) -The folder containing the DLL is added to %PATH% in Windows (system level path) And finally: Thanks to everyone who read through this verbose post! I suppose it's useful to discuss this topic, since it still seems to pop up quite frequently.   *KB References: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1140188762 http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1139623492
1 REPLY 1

Hi, jukka, unfortunately, I do not have any resolution for you. I can just share my experience which is the same as you described. What I know that for some dll files it works when there is a reference to their home directory but for example pdfclown dll must reside in Blue Prism Automate folder otherwise it does not work. I have other examples where it works fine when dll resides outside Blue Prism Automate so it seems that the issue might be a combination of dll how it is assembled and how Blue Prism calls that dll. Who knows you need to go through this via Try&Error and then live with that. Regards,   Zdenek