cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness of execution

Sameer
Level 3
​Hello,

We have developed a process to work on web application, but the web application is responding were slow when we execute with blue prism but during manual operations it is working smoothly without any issue. we have checked with the RAM occupancy and processor performance when running from blue prism, there was no problem, RAM had enough free space and processor was not completely occupied.
Browser used in Internet explorer and dur to infrastructure restriction we cannot switch to chrome, so we can only use Internet explorer.

Thanks.

------------------------------
Sameer
Europe
3 REPLIES 3

DaveMorris
Level 14
Can you explain what you mean by the web application responding slow? Are we talking "Not Responding" issues or the buttons are being clicked successfully but then the app just takes a long time to load the next page or what? Or are you saying it's slow like Blue Prism is taking a long time to click buttons?

If it seems that Blue Prism is just taking a long time to identify elements, then there are a number of things you can try to improve the speed. Typically the reason it will be slow is if the web page has a lot of elements. The more elements on the page the slower Blue Prism will be (unless using Path as one of the attributes). Some easy first things to try is using the Path if it is NOT a very dynamic application. If there's any chance elements will move around or new elements load in the page based on context, then don't use Path. Next you can try to (and should) use Match Index (typically = 1). If an element is likely to be nearer to the bottom of the page, then consider checking Match Reverse and set to True so it finds the first matching element from the bottom of the page.

You can also try AA and UIA mode. Sometimes those can be faster.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

​Hi Dave,

Blue Prism is identifying elements quickly but when button is clicked the web application is taking long time to load the next page. when we perform the same operation manually then web application quickly to load the next page.

Sameer
Europe

SolbreuxBruno
Level 2
Sameer,

I am working with Blueprism since I guess more than 4 years. During my developments I encountered this kind of recurrent problem : errors with some kind of functionnalities on web applications.
That was working fine under step-by-step,
That was working fine under semi-automatic (start via scheduler with VDI open that provide a display (I/O) that slow the robot against the web application.
That was not working fine under full autmatic (start via scheduler without display).

So the workaround was the semi-automatic solution but for Security and GDPR reasons, it was not really a solution.

As first solution, the insertion and calibration of "wait" stages has been used but after a while, the problem was back. I observe also that the errors occurs during some overloaded period (due to lan, AS, DB server,... ?). Some weeks it was OK and some other weeks it was a pitty. I was calling that "unstability" of the systems/application.

Some errors appears just after the delivery of a new releases of the web application (in my case, I get a lot of robots not working correctly). This is not really normal when we see it is always after some specific functionnalities (in my case I was focused on a right-click problem - AA method mandatory). For web applications, some security patch releases are put in place, some reaction delay are increase for instance if you switch a web application to the cloud... Conscient of the fact that Blueprism cannot taken into account all of those high level communication protocol changes except if ... , I was continuing searching another solution.  

After investigation, I realise that it was Blueprism itself that get a communication problem. The communication protocol seems having a global timeout (to upload all elements like Dave mention it) limited to get answer and this timeout seems short as I get a lot of robot impacted since a few years. I was searching how I can solve it definitively and I found the workaround. You must reset the timeout countdown when you arrive to the function that provide errors...

The definitive solution I use ? Insertion of functions like "refresh" of the page, "maximise" and re-"activate" the page just before a problematic specific function (right-click or others) and it works ! 

Bruno Solbreux.
Member of a Robotics Team (since 2016).
Belgium.   ​​

Solbreux Bruno
Developper
AXA
Europe/London