cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy SaveAs Element

newblueprism
Level 3
How do I spy the Save As button. After clicking submit button it will have a bar right below the IE page to Save or Open. I would like to SaveAs to a path. I have spy the arrow to click Save. Then I apply the Global send key Down and Enter. But when I run it, it will go to Save. How do I spy the Save As? Or any other advice?

12263.png

------------------------------
new blueprism
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
IE dialogues like Save As usually belong to the main iexplore.exe instance, whereas the web content falls under another iexplore.exe. A way to get around this is to create a separate object that treats IE as if it was a Win32 thick client, and use it to handle things like Save As.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi,

Wouldn't it be easier to save file in default location and then move it to final location?

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi,

If you use Global send keys to first click arrow and then Save As, then it will break. Even if you use static waits to make it stable, even then while running from control room, it will behave abruptly. Hence i would advise to send "Alt+S" using Global Send Keys (+s is the syntax) as soon as you get the below bar. (Alt+S) will save your file to the default downloads folder on your local machine and then use the Utility File Management to move the file to the desired location. In this approach, you can make the bot much more stable than using other Global send keys.

Ritansh Jatwani
Consultant
EY
Asia/Kolkata

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
IE dialogues like Save As usually belong to the main iexplore.exe instance, whereas the web content falls under another iexplore.exe. A way to get around this is to create a separate object that treats IE as if it was a Win32 thick client, and use it to handle things like Save As.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism