cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying IE

BrianneGacad
Level 3
Hello, Trying to spy a couple of elements specifically the search button and the pop up window to upload a file. IE version is IE9 9.0.8112.16421 When trying to spy with AA which is the only way it would let me spy i get the below error: There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Accessibility.IAccessible'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{618736E0-3C3D-11CF-810C-00AA00389B71}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)). at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) Ive tried making a win32 object for IE itself but it still is giving me an error. I know i'm missing a step here and would appreciate anybody to point me towards the right direction. Any help is highly appreciated Thanks! Bri
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, maybe try experimenting with the Application Modeller mode (internal/external/32bit/64bit) as errors with Accessibility mode can sometimes be due to that setting being wront. If the error persists even after you close and restart Blue Prism and the modeller mode makes no difference - then I think the Blue Prism support team is your next contact...

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Try attaching to the pop up by making the new object (via window title , process name , child index) and then work accordingly. Hope will sort out your issue.

NevilleWatson
Level 4
Was any solution to this found. We are encountering exactly the same behaviour?

ChrisCouch
Level 2
Did you set up application modeller as a browser launched from an .exe file? This is important.

RatheeshChemmal
Level 2
Could you suggest what is the most efficient way of Spying HTML, when I use Path as the only element the efficiency is very good where as when I use ID, Input Identifier and input type along with Match index occasionally the efficiency looks much reduced that is increased time for writing to internet explorer?

ChaitRamaram
Level 3
I had the similiar issue when spying the Menu items in calculator app. Changing the Application Manager mode from ""Embedded (default)"" to ""External, 64 bit mode"" worked for me.