cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying an pop-up Windows Explorer screen

Stefande_Moor
Level 3
Maybe an easy question, but could not find it myself. When spying a webbrowser, I get a windows explorer pop-up screen for attaching a file. How do I spy elements on this explorer screen? I cannot seem to attach to the screen when using a windows based application modeler.
8 REPLIES 8

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It could be the way in which you object is attached to IE - there may be multiple instances of iexplore.exe in Task Manager and it can depend on which one you are attached to. See the Browser Automation guide at https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/Browser%20Automation%20Guide_0.pdfAnother possibility is to create a separate object that treats IE as a Win32 object, and make it do all the pop-up handling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please share more details on this? ""Another possibility is to create a separate object that treats IE as a Win32 object, and make it do all the pop-up handling.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Lets break down Johns explanation: 1. Create a seperate (new) object (call it something like IE Popups). 2. In Application Modeller, select that this is a Windows application (Win32) rather than a browser application. 3. Your interface will attach to IE rather than launching it. You may have to experiement with how best to get this working. 4. Create actions within your new object to model the different pop up dialogs you get in IE. Your browser object will then call your windows IE popup object to handle the windows popups you are getting

Hi Denis, I tried creating the way you gave steps, however when I create separate object and give windows based application, there are some inputs which as to be given. 1. Enter the window title, window process name, command line parameters? Can you help me what has to be given for this. I am also getting popup in browser application. How to handle this as no spy mode works for pop ups? Thanks Prageet

KaiLi
Level 2
Hello Prageet, I got the same question here - popup window in browser application. Do you have any idea about the inputs when create windows based application? Best Regards, Kai

Hi Kai, I am very late for the response, by this time you might have got the solution. If not, here are the inputs you have to give: 1. Window Process name : iexplore 2. Window Title : There will be message on IE popup, give it like this or what ever it is , Message from*(just an example) 3. Command line parameters : URL to your application. Thanks

javier_martinez
Level 2
Hi, i tried that prageet said, but with oracle virtualbox, ( i am trying to spy an opened window ) but it returns me Error - Failed to launch application - Timed out waiting for pipe connection could you help me? thanks, BR.

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5
Hi Javier, I would rather said, that your ""new"" object should be general as possible. In my cases I solve this problem following: I created a object where only Window Title is given. I haven't set any process name or path to the application. In my processes I use only Attach stage, but then you need to sure, that the window is shown on the screen. Rgrds, L