Start a process with spying element doesn't work

EDIEDI
Level 2
Hello i am currently working with BP 7.0.1 
I've created a simple process that's working like that 
  • Open a browser (Edge)
  • Connecte to a specifique web site 
  • Click on a button 
And i am also using a VM as a ressource (using windows remote access) and finnaly schedule this task for every day 
My issue is the following : every time i am closing the windows remote access the process start's normally but can't click on the button 

Do you have any idea why ?

------------------------------
EDI EDI
3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi EE,
The title indicates a problem spying the element, in your case the button. If you cannot spy it, the process will not be able to click it, so we'll start there. 

Are you able to spy the button?
If no: make sure to use a spy-mode that works for Edge and re-spy until the button can be identified. Then save the object.
If yes: step through your process and step into your object that clicks the button to see why the button is not clicked. The object could throw an exception pointing out where to look further.

Notes on spying:
When spying any element:
  • Unclick all elements that have an empty matching value
  • Avoid html paths, or at least check that they are not dynamic or point to non-production servers/sites
  • Read up on spying habits and best practices 

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi paul thank you for your quick answer 
I mistaken the title 
I am able to spy the element (Button) but when using schdule with VM the element that i have to click doesn't work 
I saw a post (https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=97&MID=2640&CommunityKey=3b501789-976c-4cfa-b9db-88307c6a0a86&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2Fcommunities%2Fcommunity-home%2Fdigestviewer%3FListKey%3D82cdcf8d-bf74-40f4-af5c-7b4be092ec1b) is it possible that it is impossible to execute click on web pages in VM when the VM is'nt conneted to a screen ? 

Thank you for your time and energy

EDI EDI

Hello EDI,

What approach did you take to solve this, please?

Oluwatobiloba Ogunniyi
Programmer
Waje Smart Solution
Africa/Lagos