cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation and PDF document in Chrome - Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions

JohnMonastra
Level 3
I am using BP version 6.4 and have been experiencing an issue when I attempt to modify the surface automation after selecting the option from the Application Modeller window: Regions --> View overlaid on existing screenshot When I go back in and attempt to modify/add previously spied elements using surface automation in the Blue Prism Region Editor (selecting Regions --> View overlaid on existing screenshot), and return back to the Application Modeller window, I receive the following error message: "Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions" At this point, most, if not all, of my previously spied elements disappear from the Application Explorer tree. Here is the error message: Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at AutomateUI.clsRegionConvert.SetRelativeParentRegions(List`1& spyRegions, clsApplicationRegion appRegion, ICollection`1 appRegions)    at AutomateUI.clsRegionConvert.SetRelativeParentRegions(List`1& spyRegions, clsApplicationRegion appRegion, ICollection`1 appRegions)    at AutomateUI.clsRegionConvert.ToSpyRegions(ISpyRegionContainer cont, ICollection`1 appRegs)    at AutomateUI.frmRegionEditor.GetRegions(IWin32Window owner, Bitmap img, ICollection`1 currRegions, EventHandler apply)    at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.CaptureRegions(clsRegionContainer cont)    at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleOpenScreenshotClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HanneBakken
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

Sorry for the very late reply, and I'm sure you've found the answer to your question now.

However, in case you haven't or if someone else is looking for an answer to this: in my experience this error will occur when trying to re-spy element at parent levels. To keep this from happening again, ensure that all elements spied using the region mode are child level elements in the application modeller.

Hanne
Blue Prism Developer

------------------------------
Hanne Bakken

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

HanneBakken
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

Sorry for the very late reply, and I'm sure you've found the answer to your question now.

However, in case you haven't or if someone else is looking for an answer to this: in my experience this error will occur when trying to re-spy element at parent levels. To keep this from happening again, ensure that all elements spied using the region mode are child level elements in the application modeller.

Hanne
Blue Prism Developer

Hanne Bakken