cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve unattended mode

KT
Level 4

Hi,

My automation is working fine on attended mode that is running inside a VDI. Most of the time i have failures on unattended mode where at random different elements will fail. I use the screenshot method and mostly i can see a white screen. Not sure if the application is in a hang state when unattended. Mostly i used UIA mode on my project. Any pointers on how i can improve it?

------------------------------
K T
6 REPLIES 6

harish.m
Level 12

Hi KT,

First you need to identify the root acsue of issue.

1) I would suggest to check whether  conditional wait stages are present when navigating to the new screen.

2) if you are writing or reading any screen add validation for example  reading employer name then validate employer name should not be empty or it has 16 characters some thing like that.

3) if there any failures in unattended identify the element where it is taking time to load the whole page and respond the element in different mode or change the attributes in the element.  Since uts unattended I will  spy all the different ways before testing and put everything in  such a order. Most successful to failure elements. 

4) open the logs and also check the screnshot is working in all the cases.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish,

thanks for the feedback. a bit new in BP. Can you give me an example of changing the attributes? For most of them i have only checked what is needed.

what is oops. what can cause a screenshot to not work?

K T

In general if I use UIA mode
I will check UIA Name and  UIA Control type and match index but  no one can able to tell 100% with out playing around the application you are working.

Sorry I mean to ask you to check Logs there is typo in my previous response

Not sure whether you are using screenshot code from Digital exchange. If not check digital exchange for that.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thanks Harish,

Would it be possible that the elements i have chosen works differently on unattended? 

I also read about screen resolution. Does this affect UIA mode as well?

K T

Hi K T,

I dont think it will be different attended vs unattended as long as your screen resolution and browser settings are same.

Its ideal to use same screen resolution and other browser settings.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hi KT,

Check these 2 articles, apparently similar to what is happening to you:

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=a390b5bf-4b92-4a1a-a252-69c46e81d174&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1 dd01

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MID=1575&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=digestviewer

Regards

Leonardo Soares
Desenvolvedor RPA Líder Técnico
Bridge Consulting
América/Brasil
--------- --------------------- 

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil