cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Out of Memory Exception

AMITJAGTAP1
Level 3
I am getting System Out of Memory Exception. Need assistance how to resolve this issue. below are issue details. System.outOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemory' was thrown. at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessInfoHelper.GetProcessInfoS(IntPtrdataPtr) at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessInfoHelper.GetProcessInfoS() at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfoS(String MachinName) at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureStste(State state) at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MinWindowHandle() at System.Diagnostics.Process.closeMainWindow() at MS_ExcelVBO.CloseInstance(Int32 Handle, Boolean SaveWorkbooks) at MS_ExcelVBO.CloseInstance(Decimal handle, Boolean Savechanges)
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Either your PC spec is too low, or more likely the process you are running is doing something to consume all the available memory. Try enabling the memory logging feature, reboot, then run the process to induce the problem again, then study the logs to see where the build up is.

I am facing the same problem. I have 8GB Ram on all the resources. I am using Select on filter query on collection where I am getting this error. Can I use GC action from C# object after each stage to make sure memory is released.

MikeHiggs
Level 5
collect the garbage regularly. looping through big collections, especially excel workbooks is memory hungry

AMITJAGTAP1
Level 3
I have collected the garbage as well took care of excel instances but still facing System out of memory issues. Attached is the screen shot.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It has to be what your process is doing that is easting memory. Study the session logs to see how/where the memory builds up. If the Excel files you are using are very large, it could be that you need to take a different approach that does not handle all the data all at once.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not about memory. I have done the RCA on this reducing the data and avoiding calculation with in collection can solve your issue. Pass data in collection  in small chunks instead of large data.Hope it will help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please go through the memory usage section in the below document https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-11/Excel%20Automation%20…