cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags and Exceptions

Jason_Acton
Level 3
We are leveraging Tags within a process to update information, but our functional area is requesting that report item Tags are limited to ONLY specified Tags as designed in the process for certain conditions. It would appear that there may be some internal coding with Blue Prism wherein any Exception condition results in an automatic Tag application to the offending Work Queue item (such as "Business: This is an exception condition" or "System: The requested resource could not be located", etc.) As our Work Queue report contains columns to report Exception reasons and conditions, this information is completely unnecessary, and we wish to remove tagging of items with this data so that ONLY designed/prescribed Tags are present. Is this possible?? If not, I'm assuming the recommended methodology to "correct" this would be utilization of automation to review Tags of any given Work Queue item and effectively filter out and remove any/all tags that are "internal" in nature?? Thank you kindly for your time and consideration!
4 REPLIES 4

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi Jason, Did you find a workaround for this? The best workaround I have found is to not tag or mark the item as an exception, but to move it into an ""Exception"" queue. Using Internal - Work Queues object, Add To Queue action and setting the Tags Input parameter. This will leave the item in pending status, so you may need some follow up actions to remove this from the exception work queue or mark this as an exception, once you have updated the information you require. Tom.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this issue been addressed elsewhere? I also do not want exception items to be automatically tagged.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
There is no option to switch off exception tagging.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
I have just discovered this ""nice feature"". Are there any plans to fix this? Why do we tag the item with exception reason, when there is Exception Reason dedicated field?