cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Process in Blue Prism when email arrives in Outlook

AdilHussain1
Level 2

Dear Members,

I need help with triggering process in Blue Prism whenever new email arrives in Microsoft Outlook A process is Triggered in Blue Prism. So is there any solution or any video or links please do share here or send me email adilfuwad007@gmail.com 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Adil

6 REPLIES 6

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
I have implemented it in below way and it works fine.
Create a rule to start an application when an email is received. You can then start the process by using "automate.exe" command line, triggering a schedule or running the process directly, e.x. "Automate.exe /run Process1 /sso"

If you use outlook 2016, you will need to enable UnsafeClientMailRules to get the "start an application" option.
You can do this by going into regedit, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security", create a new DWORD named "EnableUnsafeClientMailRules" and set it's value to "1".

------------------------------
Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan

​Hi Narayan,

I was wondering what happens when a process is already running, and meanwhile an e-mail comes in which triggers a new process whereas the machine is already occupied?

Best,
Nanne

Nanne van der Wal
Advisor
EY
Europe/Amsterdam

"unsafe" rules are disabled in our environment and the registry key did not enable this feature.
Instead we added VB code that is executed when the "new mail received" event fires.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Hi,
We have used checks in the process to start the process only if there is sufficient license and resource capacity. So if there is sufficient license/resource available, even two process can run in parallel, else, it will be queued and only started once other process ends/

Narayan
Narayan

may I know how and when exactly do you check if there is available resources before you run the next process? ​Does it not costs a lot in CPU usage? I used to try to check the session id status in my powershell script but it eats most of my cpu - like 99% - whenever it checks if there are available resources

Clarisse Leynes

Hi Buddy,

we have included a license feature in the process. so it checks if the license limit has been reached, regarding resource name , we can pass resource name /machine name along with process name as input, so it execute process on dedicated resource or use blueprism feature of available resources. Please revert if any specific query.

Narayan
Narayan