cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering processes

MarcoRamos
Level 3
Hello,

I'd like to know if is there a way to, instead of scheduling a process, triggering it via receiving an email, or checking if a specific file in an folder was edited.

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
Marco Ramos
RPA Developer
KPMG Software
Europe/Malta
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AmiBarrett
Level 12
There's a couple ways to do this.

First, with anything OOB, you can have a feeder process running 24/7 to check for certain conditions to kick off multiple processes via AutomateC. For example, as you say, a qualifying e-mail comes in, or the process has noticed a change in a file. It's really important that you trigger via AutomateC instead of a sub process, as it will allow for parallel processing.

Second, you could come up with a program running in the background which does the same thing. You can either compile a service, or you can have some basic VB or PowerShell script running in the background. The nice thing about this approach, is it doesn't tie up a single bot or license. Likewise, most of the code is already written for you in the various VBOs within Blue Prism.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
There's a couple ways to do this.

First, with anything OOB, you can have a feeder process running 24/7 to check for certain conditions to kick off multiple processes via AutomateC. For example, as you say, a qualifying e-mail comes in, or the process has noticed a change in a file. It's really important that you trigger via AutomateC instead of a sub process, as it will allow for parallel processing.

Second, you could come up with a program running in the background which does the same thing. You can either compile a service, or you can have some basic VB or PowerShell script running in the background. The nice thing about this approach, is it doesn't tie up a single bot or license. Likewise, most of the code is already written for you in the various VBOs within Blue Prism.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Thanks @AmiBarrett, I haven't seen your reply before. But I am still interested in a solution for this.

I will try out the monitoring suggestion via AutomateC, since the parallel processes are the main blocker in that case due​ to the need for a dedicated license only for this.

I will get back to you here if that goes well

I appreciate your help!

Marco Ramos
Senior Automation Developer
KPMG Malta
Pieta