cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to add custom dlls

JanBany
Level 2
Hello everyone, I've already read all of 5 topics I found on portal and haven't resolved my problem so far.. The issue is I'm trying to import external dll (C#) written by me and every time I'm trying to use one of it's method the same exception would prompt: "Could not load file or assembly 'LIBNAME, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies." The version of BluePrism we are using is 4.2. Library is based on NET 2.0. We've even tried attaching library which contains no references except "System" and contains only one static int method which returns 2. And we cannot even call that method because of exception mentioned before. What we have tried so far: 1.Changing directory of dll 2. Importing all of namespaces 3. Importing all of referenced dlls 4. Everything mentioned on BP portal. If there's anyone who came up with solution for that problem I would really appreciate any help. Best Regards, Jan
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Jan - have you tried referencing your DLL from Visual Studio? With an IDE tool like that it could be easier to find and fix any problems. Then once you have it working in VS, moving it across to BP should in theory be straight forward.

JanBany
Level 2
Hello John, you misunderstood the question. The problem is not with the dll itself but in including it to Blue Prism software. What we've manged to come up with is that saving and even restarting client after adding dll seems to be good solution.

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
Certain parts of the environment are loaded once when you open up a process or object in the studio, which would explain why it may work after re-starting the client. Is this functioning for you, or are you still having issues? -Robin