cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIA mode is not working on Server 2019

sathiyajothi
Level 2
UIA mode is working fine in windows 10 but not working on windows server 2019. Is there any settings we need to update in server to enable UIA mode?

------------------------------
Sathiyajothi Srinivasan
Senior Developer
Abbvie
America/Chicago
8 REPLIES 8

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I have a box running this OS and can confirm that UIA is functioning properly with no additional configuration.

Have you tried rebooting?

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

I have ran into the same issue with UIA mode and was directed to work with Microsoft to resolve this via BP support. They were also able to replicate it which felt like a big stepping stone at the time. If you want to make a reference to my ticket number please let me know privately. If you are using Chrome and have accessibility mode turned on you can see the UIA info in the elements but somewhere along the lines between the BP Chrome extension and BP application this information doesn't make it across. I suspect it is an issue with the extension being able to ingest the UIA info correctly. We believe this is either due to an update or feature install that affects the UIA info gathering on Microsoft.

Chris Ellenburg

Another thing to add is that UIA worked in Win 10 for us and not Server 2019 and it also worked in IE in both environments.

Chris Ellenburg

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Sathiyajothi,

Please execute the Chrome browser in Windows 8 compatibility mode and you should be able to spy the element on Windows Server 2019.

30426.png

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

I have the same problem too. I have spied  few elements using UI automation mode in Windows 10  and complete flow was working fine. 
When the Process is deployed to server with 'OS windows server 2012', UI mode is not working and i am unable to spy any elements using UI automation mode . 

I am only able to spy the outer window using UI automation mode. (Attached ) 

Can anyone please help. ? 

sanjay selvaraj

There are a few tips on here to try, but the lesson learned for us is to always do dev in a mirrored environment for production. We have stuck with HTML and SLA spy modes since this hasn't been resolved.

Chris Ellenburg - KeyMark, Inc.

Hi sanjay,
Whenever you launch browser please add the below command added to your website,(--force-renderer-accessibility)
Example
https://portal.blueprism.com/ --force-renderer-accessibility

sivaranjani singaravel
Assistance Software Engineer
accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Chris, was Microsoft able to resolve this? Can you send me your ticket number so I can reach out to them. I am having the same issue

Anthony Camargo